Into the mist I go
where flying horses roam
on stripes of silver rays in a moonlit sky,
and a band of butterflies play melodies
simply by flapping their wings.
Into the midst I go from nightfall to dawn,
savoring each minute I spend
in this land of dreams.
Laying my long johns on a grey weathered bridge
in this land of dreams,
I go for a midnight swim in a river of stars,
watch a parade of elephants dance
along a path leading to the boondocks,
sing with the frogs
while tapping my hips with an old fragile tambourine,
and journey on a hot air balloon to visit other worlds
full of wonder and merriment.
- Writer Digest’s Wednesday Poetry Prompts #453 : dreams
- 3TC: stripes, long johns, flap
- FOWC with Fandango: fragile
- Manic Mondays : boondocks
- Share your Stories – September : post a story or poem.